Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

What I'll Miss Most

I know I'll miss their perfectly round milky eyes and soft skin.  I'll miss the funny way Abby says, "Shine and rise!" in the morning or how the kids still call that fast food place, "Old McDonald's," and how they will someday be in 12 step programs for a mother who refuses to correct them.  I love the silly way they say things and part of me never wants that to change.  But what I will miss most when they are all grown up and out of the house is their little feet.


Yeah, I know, sounds silly.  But I love the way their feet are still so soft and perfect.  They aren't over grown monstrosities calloused with life's rough roads.  They're just little feet with little nubby toes.


I especially love baby feet.  The way they fold underneath baby girl's butt.


And the way they look when she stands on her tippy toes.


I love the way their feet smell, even when they're stinky.  I love how they don't have that one over-achieving super toe that feels it has to grow far above the rest.  Baby feet are perfectly lined up.  So I kiss their little feet and take care of them with plenty of tickles, because someday those feet will grow up too.

1 comment:

  1. I love my baby daughter Makaela's feet so much, that I have to always hold her feet and kissing them and smell them too. She enjoys it too when I smell her feet, she laughs and giggle putting her feet in my face for more play. I have to say, her little pink fleshy soft warm feet smells so yummi. Baby yummi smell I can't even get enough of. Cute little feet.

    ReplyDelete