Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Lord of the Flies- Part 2 of the Barbarian Chronicles

(While part 1 chronicled the life long obsession of her husband's animal kills, part 2 zones in on Destiny's own need for blood... duh nu nu!)

Still. Not a movement, not a blink.  I sat there motionless, without feeling or remorse.  I live in a land of no screens and many horses, a recipe for disaster. The flies are everywhere. Some may think me a barbarian, but it's just a way of life.  Survival, if you will.  I don't even think the fly saw it coming.  My pink swatter of choice came down with such force the dead fly flew across the room and into a bowl.

"3!" I cried. My son cheered. I was proud.  I had passed on a heritage I knew he would not part from.  It's in his blood- The ruthless and relentless hunt for the blood of the flies.  "Remember your record?" he asked with excitement. Of course I remembered.  How Could I forget?

 "21," I said with a smile.

"I don't think you're gonna break any records today, " he said almost in a challenge.

SMACK! BAM! "4...5!" I said as I snuffed the life from my foe. "We will see about that."

They may be fast, they might have the moves, but they haven't met: The Lord of the Flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment