Pages

Friday, February 28, 2014

Stay Together, Forever

From my earliest memories I remember adoring my sister.  I wanted to dress like her, be friends with her friends, talk like her, etc.. I still love and adore her. I dream of being neighbors in heaven.  She knows more about me than anyone else.  She knows and understands my very foundation. We don't agree on everything and we haven't always gotten along (picture little sister "borrowing" older sister's clothes because she wants to be like her) but even in our worst of teenage sister fighting, I knew she loved me.  I caught glimpses of that when my 6th grade boyfriend broke up with me and proceeded to walk in my house and ask my sister to the dance.  She said no. Sister love.  Or when I got beat up walking home from church and my sister was so mad she wanted to avenge me. Sister love. Or when she gave me my first cigarette. Sister devil.  No one is perfect.

There were times we got along and times we fought, like all siblings.  But I remember the day we "clicked."  I was probably 12 or 13 years old and my sister not far ahead of me. We were watching a movie.  I don't remember which movie but I remember we liked it.  At the end of the movie we started saying, "Stay together, forever," rather sing-songy and stretched our shirts out over our knees as we rocked back and forth to our newfound chant.  We knew that we would be together forever.

For these reasons I am beyond gitty for my four girls.  They get to grow up making memories they will cherish forever... times 4!  They will inevitably fight but they will be there for each other through the joys and heartbreak of life. And I just feel so blessed I have a first class ticket to the show.  I love seeing them come up with handshakes and scream and giggle when they're supposed to be sleeping (most of the time).  I love the fight that comes out of them when another is being wronged.  I look forward to what their future holds, my Little Women.

So my sweet girls, cherish each other.  You're all in for the long haul.  Stay together, forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment