Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

6 Pack...er

Come on over to my house for a moment and share in the chaos of 6 Packers.  It's been a crazy week of adjusting to new baby but there is so much to be thankful for.


For starters, I have 4 healthy children.  I have been reminded this week that health is not something to be taken for granted.  I am also thankful for a loving husband who doesn't seem to show fear when he pulls up to the house with a wife standing near the front door starring out the window in "hand off" anticipation.


What has been perhaps the most unexpected and delightful surprise is the reaction of my older three children to their new sister.  Like turning the corner to see Ethan reading to Olivia.


 Everyday, they all can't wait to hold her.  Ally climbs into bed every morning and asks to see "my baby."  She smothers her with kisses and hugs.  I think Olivia may be slightly frightened by her.  She hasn't quite learned the art of gentleness.


Abby held Olivia for a 1/2 hour today on the couch.  She smiled at her, sang to her and kissed her.  Yesterday, Ethan burped her and she fell asleep on him.  

Olivia got her first bath today and the kids all gathered around to see her.  I weighed her on the scale afterward and the kids congratulated her on growing.


Yup, just me, hubby and four beautiful babies.  I'm loving my 6 Packer!

3 comments:

  1. You are truly blessed to have such beautiful and loving children. Congratulations on your new addition to the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Destiny, God has blessed you with a wonderful family. And yes...I am all to familiar with doing the "hand off" to dad when he comes home. I did the same with George and the twins, even if it meant a quiet trip to the grocery store (even if I didn't buy anything but had a walk around the store). May God continue to bless you and your family. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last picture is priceless. :)

    ReplyDelete