Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Things They Make Me Do!

They make me crazy!  The way they demand every ounce of my energy and the constant bickering, and asking for things.


All I wanted was a deceiving picture of their love for each other.

They make me stressed!  Why can't they learn to pick up after themselves or eat one meal without leaving the floor looking like it needs to be taped off with yellow cautionary signs.  

They make me so many things.  But nothing seems to affect me quite like the way they make me...


Laugh

This is Ethan's self-proclaimed bad cowboy, stunt-man, spy look.  He fell gravely ill shortly after this.  He told me he could barely get in bed because he was so sick and he would have to walk on his knees.  I told him we would probably have to skip the field trip to the honey farm tomorrow so that he could get better.  In between gasps of air (oh the drama) he said he could make it to the field trip and maybe walk a little bit.   He's so brave.


Smile

My little sweetheart.  Tonight, after a long day without Andy, I came down stairs to a clean living room.   "I cleaned up for you, Mommy."  Oh, those sweet little moments!


Skip heart beats

Allison makes my heart flutter and skip everyday.  I love the way she takes my hand and walks me around the house.  "What's that, Mommy?"  She points to an object.  "That's a pillowcase."  She then repeats the word to store in her ever-increasing word bank, "Pillowcase?" she says in a rhetorical sort of way and then lets out a long, "Ohhhhhh." in her raspy little voice.  This continues on until her thirst for knowledge is temporarily satisfied.  

Those little rascals and all the things they MAKE me do!


  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment